Monday, November 5, 2012

Review: Delilah's Passion

Reviewed by Shelly

Fresh from the big city and a break up with her fiancé Nick, Delilah Steele returns home. After being gone for ten years, returning to Small Town, USA, Delilah and her household (Mucho the dog and Mojo the cat) will take some time adjusting, but thank goodness for the kindness of strangers. Aiden Dean, local nice guy and new owner of the local ice cream parlor, offers Delilah both a job and place to stay.

I had some trouble getting into this story. The plot sounded very promising but there were so many things that I had trouble with, that they overwhelmed the good parts of the story.

What I didn’t like about the story was mainly Delilah. I found her to be a twenty-eight year-old emotionally immature and juvenile character and completely undeserving of Aiden’s attention. She was with her ex-fiancé for the better part of the time she’s been away and leaves him because he submitted her novel (that she’s been working on for the entirety of their relationship) to a publisher and it gets accepted. She leaves as soon as she finds out, because she didn’t want to work it out. I’m okay with that. Here’s what I have trouble with - you’re a copyeditor and you don’t know what you have to do to protect your work from anyone stealing it?

There’s also budding relationship with her father that I thought merited a lot more attention that it received.

My biggest problem and what I just couldn’t wrap my head around – how does twenty-five year-old Aiden, a Harvard graduate, end up as a working owner of a small town ice cream parlor? The reason just didn’t add up and make sense to me.

Again, I can’t say how much I didn’t like Delilah. The pacing of the interaction with her and Aiden were all set by her and the developed relationship was so quick that I couldn’t understand how she could go from being engaged one week to being in love with someone else within a few weeks.

If the resolutions between Delilah and Nick and Delilah and Aiden weren’t so convenient I would have enjoyed this story a lot more than I did, but it was too far-fetched. To be honest here, I just couldn’t even see how Nick would do either things that he did. I didn’t see the lead up to it.

There were some mild sex scenes but I can’t tell you that they either complemented the relationship or advanced the story line.

The pleasant parts of this story were Delilah’s best friend Caitlyn: everyone needs friends like her; and her father, Jim: what a nice guy! I would have really liked to explore his relationship with Delilah but we weren’t given a chance.

Happy Reading Folks!

Rating: C

*Book provided by author for review

Click to purchase: Amazon
Delilah's Passion
by Sarah Bella
Release Date: October 20, 2011
Publisher: Renaissance E-Books, Inc.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home