Friday, July 6, 2012

5 for Friday - July 6

Happy Friday! I'm finally over my Magic Mike hangover and I have learned two very important lessons.  One: it's bad enough to drunk-dial or drunk-tweet, but it's even less of a good idea to pull out the camcorder and post your drunken monologue-slash-movie-review online... even if your enabler-friends say it is funny.  And two: if you are foolish enough to do this anyway, for the love of God, disable the comments on YouTube.  Days after my review posted, someone left the comment, "Lonely drunk older woman. Yuck."  I wanted to shout, "I'm not lonely!!" But I thought better of a flame war with some kid out in cyberspace. (I'm still crying on the inside and the comments are, indeed, now disabled.)

In other news, I decided to go ahead and start the Crossfire series and I really ended up enjoying Bared to You. Thanks to everyone who encouraged me to give it a try!!

5. I read and Loved Elizabeth Hoyt's Thief of Shadows with a capital-L. Now she is spilling the deets on the next Maiden Lane book, Lord of Darkness, out in February.

WHEN STRANGERS IN THE NIGHT
He lives in the shadows. The mysterious masked avenger known as the Ghost of St. Giles, his only goal is to protect the innocent of London. Until the night he confronts a fearless lady pointing a pistol at his head—and realizes she is his wife . . .

BECOME LOVERS...
Lady Margaret Reading has vowed to kill the Ghost of St. Giles—the man who murdered her one true love. Returning to London, and the man she hasn’t seen since their wedding day, Margaret does not recognize the man behind the mask. Fierce, commanding, and dangerous, the notorious Ghost of St. Giles is everything she feared he would be—and so much more . . .
DESIRE IS THE ULTIMATE DANGER
When passion flares these two intimate strangers can't keep from revealing more of themselves than they had ever planned. But when Margaret learns the truth—that the Ghost is her husband, Godric St. John—the game is up and the players must surrender . . . to the temptation that could destroy them both.

4. A tidbit for fans of Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter series.  According to her Facebook page, her next Dark Hunter book may be about Acheron's brother Styxx.


This excites me. I'm ready to get back into the Acheron side of the DH world!!

3. Laura Wright's 4th book in her Mark of the Vampire series, Eternal Beast,  is coming soon.  Now she has released a book trailer.


I'm excited to read Gray & Dillon's story!  It's out August 7.

2. I love Kelly Meding's Dreg City books.  But I've never tried her MetaWars series.  There's no time like the present, though. Pocket After Dark is featuring book one, Trance, for free on their website this month!

Kelly Meding’s war-ravaged Los Angeles is ground zero for the ultimate Meta human showdown in this sexy, action-packed new series.

Fifteen years ago, Teresa “Trance” West was a skilled telepath and a proud member of the Ranger Corps. But ever since the Rangers were inexplicably rendered powerless at the climax of the devastating Meta War, she’s bounced from one dead-end job to another. Now her powers have reappeared just as mysteriously as they vanished— only they’re completely transformed and more potent than ever. And they’re threatening to destroy her.

Trance heads to Los Angeles to track down the surviving Rangers and discover who restored her powers—and why—but a phantom enemy is determined to kill them before they can reassemble. As they dodge his deadly attacks and come to terms with their new role as heroes, Trance and the rest of the team set out to annihilate the sinister madman . . . only to discover their own powers are his greatest weapons.

If you like it, book two, Changeling, just came out June 26.

1. Here's a big one for Guild Hunter fans. Nalini Singh is holding a giveaway for three ARCs of Archangel's Storm.


I love the Guild Hunter covers, don't you?? This is Jason's book, out September 4th. Scoot over to her blog to enter. The contest runs through July 20th.

*Bonus Items*
Thea Harrison has revealed the cover art for her next Elder Races novella. And Moira Rogers has a new one in the Last Call series.


















What do we think?  Hunter's Season is out September 18th.  No release date yet for Firecracker.


Have a great weekend!

XOXO
Jen

P.S. The contest winner is JenM.  Jen, send me an email and I'll hook you up with your prize.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

24 Comments:

At Friday, July 6, 2012 at 1:57:00 PM CDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, for one, LOVED your video review of Magic Mike! I sent that link to all my friends. ;)

And I saw MM the other day, but couldn't convince my bestie that we should drink prior to a matinee, so, no video review from me. Lol

 
At Friday, July 6, 2012 at 1:58:00 PM CDT , Blogger Elisquared said...

There is man a hot guy on this post! AlsO Trance looks great and is in my TBR list. Elizabeth Hoyt is such a great author and I have to read Thief of Shadow! Thanks for the updates!

 
At Friday, July 6, 2012 at 1:59:00 PM CDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a random commenter. Glad you put a tweet out about feeling needy because now I know of your blog and are a new follower! I think I need to read Elizabeth Hoyt and Nalini Singh now. Bonne weekend.
--Sophie

 
At Friday, July 6, 2012 at 2:00:00 PM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

I appreciate that and thank you for not calling me "older," "lonely," or (my personal favorite) "yuck."

You can always do your review when it comes out on video!

 
At Friday, July 6, 2012 at 2:01:00 PM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

Yes, you MUST read Thief of Shadows! It is one of the best Historical Romances I have read this year. I now plan to stalk Elizabeth Hoyt for all future releases.

 
At Friday, July 6, 2012 at 2:02:00 PM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

Welcome Sophie! I hope you'll be back. Have a great weekend!

 
At Friday, July 6, 2012 at 3:04:00 PM CDT , Blogger Underworld Love Addiction said...

I still have to check out your drunk video :)

 
At Friday, July 6, 2012 at 3:07:00 PM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

You didn't miss much.

 
At Friday, July 6, 2012 at 4:11:00 PM CDT , Blogger Goldilox said...

I have only read the first Evie book of Meding's so far but I loved it too! I was just looking at her other series the other day thinking I would give it a try.

 
At Friday, July 6, 2012 at 4:13:00 PM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

I think I'm going to try it. Now it's just an issue of squeezing it into the TBR before it expires.

 
At Friday, July 6, 2012 at 6:35:00 PM CDT , Blogger ParaJunkee said...

That picture at the bottom is just DIRTY. Your pics always render me speechless...

 
At Friday, July 6, 2012 at 6:41:00 PM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

I hope that it's speechless in a good way!

 
At Friday, July 6, 2012 at 7:12:00 PM CDT , Blogger Jess said...

Wow...I stopped by for the giveaway and now I'm drooling over your Tumblr pic. Yum. Also, Elizabeth Hoyt, another author it sounds like I need to get on my TBR list. It's never ending!

 
At Friday, July 6, 2012 at 9:01:00 PM CDT , Blogger JenM said...

Your video was hilarious. Still haven't seen the movie though. Also, thanks for the heads-up about Trance. I've been wanting to give that book a try. The last book that I read at the Pocket site was Bitter Night by Diana Pharaoh Francis and it was so good that I got totally hooked on that series.

 
At Friday, July 6, 2012 at 9:58:00 PM CDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't tell fibs, Jen. Your drunken review rocks!

 
At Friday, July 6, 2012 at 10:01:00 PM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

You'll love Thief of Shadows. It's awesome!! I'm so glad you like the Tumblr pic. You need to visit the Tumblr page one day (alone!) and browse the man candy.

 
At Friday, July 6, 2012 at 10:02:00 PM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

I have never read from her before! (I'm glad you liked the video.)

 
At Saturday, July 7, 2012 at 11:36:00 AM CDT , Blogger Cathy M said...

Hi Jen,

I am totally hooked on Thea's Elder Race series, so can't wait for this next story, and now you've got me curious about Elizabeth's next story.

Have a great weekend. My besties and I are going to MM on Monday night.
caity_mack at yahoo dot com

 
At Saturday, July 7, 2012 at 12:50:00 PM CDT , Blogger *yadkny* said...

Thanks for all the rec's and eye candy, Jen! I haven't seen Magic Mike yet, but it sounds like you had a good time:) Boo to the YouTube commenter... good for you for taking the high road even though I'm sure it was hard.

yadkny@hotmail.com

 
At Saturday, July 7, 2012 at 12:51:00 PM CDT , Blogger Laurie said...

Hi-I saw your video review of MM (so funny) and I finally saw it last night, that boy can move! Hot guy and hot covers, I think it's one of the best novella covers in the Elders Race series. I'm also glad we might see more of Acheron! Have a great weekend!

 
At Saturday, July 7, 2012 at 1:48:00 PM CDT , Anonymous bn100 said...

Nice pictures. The books sound good.

bn100candg(at)hotmail(dot)com

 
At Saturday, July 7, 2012 at 5:59:00 PM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

Guess what? You're the winner! I don't have your email address, so I need you to email me with what book you want and where you want me to send it: redhotbooks at yahoo dot com

 
At Saturday, July 7, 2012 at 6:00:00 PM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

Have a great time! I hope you love it.

 
At Saturday, July 7, 2012 at 9:47:00 PM CDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love Hoyt!!! And can't wait for the new book!

 

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home