Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Review: Haunted Passions

Reviewed by Shelly
 
This is the sequel to Whiskey Dreams - a historical m/m romance that I didn’t read.

Blurb: Losing one’s heart to another man is dangerous enough without the added threat of a supernatural terror. But that hasn’t stopped John Crane and Brom Bones from falling hard in love – with each other, and with the alluring Katrina Van Tassel. When Brom becomes engaged to Katrina, John is sure the wedding will tear him and Brom apart, and their love sparks a struggle between passion and loyalty. But Brom is determined to keep both of his lovers, and Katrina has some secret desires of her own – desires that haunt only the wildest of John’s dreams and blur the lines they’ve all been fighting not to cross. Is it possible for three people to be in love? Their passion won’t be enough to keep them together if something isn’t done about the evil that’s haunting Sleepy Hollow: a headless horseman who rides to kill.

Review: This story picks up eight months into Brom and John’s relationship. Before I go on I have to comment on Brom’s sir name – Bones - it made me giggle every time I read it (if you wondering it also describes a certain part of his anatomy). Things start out a little slowly but the action and yes the touching of and insertion of bits quickly picks up.

John and Brom are in love and for this reader involving Katrina as their love interest didn’t really work for me, at first. I say this because the first half of the story is about John and Brom and their relationship with all the requisite sex scenes thrown in for my enjoyment (which I did). The Sleepy Hollow setting worked well for me solely because I was very interesting to see how Rose would apply the type of romance with the period.

I wish there was a bit more about Katrina that I could learn especially what motivated her; nonetheless she was without a doubt my favorite character. She was sure of what she wanted and that was a big plus in my eyes. I was slight bemused as how easily she accepted the relationship between the two guys but hey, its Sleepy Hollow for goodness sake. Her caring and accepting attitude convinced me that she was a great addition to Brom and John's relationship, a perfect fit for their household and oh yes, the sex between the three of them was even better.

Overall, I had a lot of fun reading about these three characters, Sleepy Hollow and its residents. You will too. And I will definitely read the prequel.

Happy reading folks!

Rating: B+

*Book provided by author for review

Click to purchase: Amazon
Haunted Passions
by Ranae Rose
Release Date: April 9, 2012

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

At Tuesday, June 5, 2012 at 10:39:00 PM CDT , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks a bunch for reviewing Haunted Passions, Shelly. Your time and thoughts are very much appreciated. :)

 
At Wednesday, June 6, 2012 at 4:12:00 PM CDT , Blogger Sophia Rose said...

I loved the Sleepy Hollow tale when I was a kid so the backdrop already has me intrigued. Sounds good!

Thanks for sharing your review!

 
At Thursday, June 7, 2012 at 8:43:00 AM CDT , Blogger Shelly said...

Ranae I gotta say that it was good. After reading Whiskey Dreams, I appreciate Haunted passions that much more. I'd love to read more of your stuff (with reviews of course) ;-) --- yep, that's a full fledged wink...

 
At Thursday, June 7, 2012 at 8:44:00 AM CDT , Blogger Shelly said...

Thanks Sophia - I think you're gonna really like it and if you don't I would love to know why not. So come back and let me know :-)

 
At Thursday, June 7, 2012 at 8:45:00 AM CDT , Blogger Shelly said...

BTW - what's up w/ all the pies??? I was getting hungry at the most in appropriate times...

 
At Monday, July 23, 2012 at 9:32:00 AM CDT , Blogger Unknown said...

Apologies for taking so long to notice this comment, Shelly, but if you ever have a specific book of mine you'd like to review, please feel free to send me an e-mail at: contact [at] ranaerose [dot] com I always have review copies, and you're welcome to them. ;)

Oh, and the pie... Well, I really like pie! LOL

 
At Monday, July 23, 2012 at 10:05:00 AM CDT , Blogger Shelly said...

Thanks for the offer, I really appreciate it.

When I think of pies, I think of 'American Pie'...

 

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home