Sunday, January 22, 2012

Review: Thread of Death


Reviewed by Jen
 
This novella was great way to tide me over until I could read By a Thread. (**WARNING** This review contains spoilers from the events of Spider's Revenge.) The story picks up just a couple of weeks after the end of the last book, and it gives us a peek inside Mab Monroe's funeral.

Gin has just barely recovered from her fight with the powerful elemental, but she feels like she must attend the funeral to give herself closure. Unfortunately, the other attendees are basically a who's-who of Ashland's underworld. And the word is out that Gin is the Spider. So this is no quiet service. Someone is gunning for Gin and she has to fight for her life, with even greater implications than usual.

Among the cool things we get are multiple POV's, which is unusual for the series. I liked getting outside impressions of our heroine. I also liked that this book begins to set up a villain for future installments and it sparks some intrigue surrounding my beloved Owen. The story is short, but it's not filler. I expect to see the implications from these events play out in future novels. Good stuff. 4 stars.

*ARC Provided by author for review

Click to purchase: Amazon
Thread of Death
by Jennifer Estep
Release Date: January 31, 2012
Publisher: Pocket Books

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, January 24, 2012 at 8:27:00 AM CST , Blogger Twimom227 said...

I am new to this series - this was my first story (my review will be next week), and as a new comer, it was a great place to jump in. I enjoyed the multiple POV - and I wondered if that was common or unique.

Thanks for your review!

 

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home