Friday, August 26, 2011

More Fever Books

I am both elated and a little concerned.  Karen Marie Moning announced this morning her plans for the future of her Fever series.  She says, in part:

I'm currently working on a trilogy that features Dani, Christian MacKeltar, Ryodan, and the mysterious 'Dancer,' set primarily in Fever-Dublin... I’ve agreed to write two more books after that. Once the new trilogy is complete, I’m returning to the core story begun in the FEVER series, and will resume writing about Mac, Barrons, V’lane, Cruce, the Unseelie king, the concubine, the Song of Making.
First of all, I am thrilled to hear than Barrons and Mac have more story to tell.

And not just because I want to read about them having more sex.  Though, admittedly, who would turn that down?  No... it's that I want to see where they go from here.  The very fact that she mentions V'lane means he can't remain frozen forever, right?  I'm over the moon on this.

The anxious part comes with the Dani stories.  I have never been a big fan of Dani.  The way she talks grates on me.  She is impulsive and immature.  And that's understandable when you acknowledge the fact that she is a child.  But her youth makes her a poor candidate to be the female lead in story featuring a 20-something Highlander-turned-Unseelie-Prince and a thousands of year-old, well, whatever the hell Ryoden is. I would pin my hopes on the possibility of a big time jump, but Moning says:

The trilogy is not YA.  If I had to categorize it, I would say it straddles the line between YA and adult uneasily. I don’t pull any punches. It may be controversial in some ways.  But whose teen years weren’t?
I think I am uncomfortable already. Which makes me kind of pissed off because I want to feel nothing but squee about this.  Part of me knows I have to just trust that Moning knows what she is doing.  After all, she rocked my socks off with the existing installments of this series. 

I think I am going to practice some deep breathing exercises and resume my Google search of David Gandy photos.  You can't go wrong with Gandy.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At Friday, August 26, 2011 at 1:04:00 PM CDT , Blogger Michelle Greathouse said...

Jen,

I was expecting the Dani spin-off to be YA. Not sure how it's going to play out - unless it's set a little further in the future.

Glad to hear we'll be getting more of Mac and Barrons. :)

M

 
At Friday, August 26, 2011 at 4:24:00 PM CDT , Anonymous Paperback Daydreamer (Deanna) said...

LOL. You are not the first person to mention the dislike of Dani's voice. I liked Dani so I'm not afriad of her books I'm very excited for them. I'm very curious of what KMM is going to do with that trilogy as well as the two extra books for Mac and Barrons. It should all be very interesting to see how everyone takes them when they are released.

 
At Friday, August 26, 2011 at 6:55:00 PM CDT , Blogger Sarah said...

Just heard about this too. I'm very excited! I think she'll do a great job with it. I honestly don't have much of an opinion about Dani. I don't dislike her but I don't love her either. We'll have to see how it goes. :)

♥ Sarah @ I'm Loving Books

 
At Friday, August 26, 2011 at 9:00:00 PM CDT , Blogger Julie said...

More is good. I'll read it just because it's KMM and set in her Fever world. Doesn't take much with me. lol

 
At Saturday, August 27, 2011 at 3:13:00 PM CDT , Blogger Fiction Fool said...

I wasn't really expecting the spin-off to be YA simply for the fact that Dani is the only one in this series that IS a young adult. We have to remember that all the other characters are adult and they will be interacting with one another in adult situations. Does that mean that Dani will be interacting in adult situations with any of the adult? I hope not. But I'm putting faith in Karen not to take Dani's character into something like that. Remember, Dani has a so-called "boyfriend" right now in Dancer. He's her age. I suspect Karen's going to keep everything between Dani and Dancer in the appropriate arena. She did in the previous books. Now Ryodan and Christian on the other hand... who know's what's going to happen there. But I imagine we will see new characters introduced that we've never met before. And my suspicions lead me to believe the grumblings between Ryodan and the Sidhe-seer Jo are not the only grumbles or interactions they're going to have. Maybe there's room for a love/hate acquaintance being nurtured?

Great review by the way!

 
At Saturday, August 27, 2011 at 3:17:00 PM CDT , Blogger Fiction Fool said...

Oh! I almost forgot! Gandy was my Barron's too. I nominated him for the Barron's contest. But he lost to some beefcake that didn't look like Barron's at all. :(

In my opinion, at least. Go Gandy! I wish you could act.

 
At Saturday, August 27, 2011 at 3:21:00 PM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

Jo! I like that idea. I pray there is nothing sexual between Dani and Christian or (even more so) Ryo!

(*sigh*) When I close my eyes and think of Barrons, it's only ever Gandy.

 
At Wednesday, August 31, 2011 at 9:42:00 AM CDT , Blogger Sin Dee Anna said...

I am just hoping we don't have to wait another 5 years (or more!) for a Fever book while she writes the Dani books :(

 

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home