Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Review: The Pleasure Slave

Reviewed by Jen
 
The Pleasure Slave is book 2 in Gena Showalter’s Imperia series, but it’s in no way a sequel to The Stone Prince. In this novel, our hero Tristan was imprisoned in a jewelry box by a sorceress scorned. He is cursed to be something like a genie in a bottle… when released he is the slave to the woman who owns the box.

Julia is an antique dealer with low self-esteem and no love life. She acquires the box and is shocked when Tristan appears. He, in turn, is shocked when she is not ready and willing to use his services. He quickly becomes enamoured of her and wants her for his own. She thinks he is way out of her league and instead focuses her attention on her more-mousy neighbor. She enlists Tristan’s help to attract the neighbor and he begins to “tutor” her in seduction. Of course, Tristan and Julia only end up seducing each other.

Meanwhile, that sorceress is still after Tristan. Even though she is on another planet and a different time, she continues trying to get him back.

It’s a nice story, but unfortunately it’s one I’ve read before. I couldn’t stop thinking of Sherrilyn Kenyon’s Fantasy Lover at any point during the book. I liked it better than Stone Prince, but they were similar in tone. Sweet, but light reading. 3 1/2 stars.

The Pleasure Slave
by Gena Showalter
Release Date: February 1, 2005
Publisher: HQN 

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At Saturday, July 30, 2011 at 9:39:00 AM CDT , Blogger Unknown said...

Love Showalter. I haven't read this series yet. With older books I always purchased used & I've never seen these in a used store. I've also read so many mixed reviews that I am not sure if I want to read them. I did love Fantasy Lover though. I may have to give these a try at some point. Thanks for sharing!

 
At Saturday, July 30, 2011 at 10:04:00 AM CDT , Blogger Unknown said...

Great review. It sounds good even if it has been done. Added to my TBR.

 

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home