Thursday, February 3, 2011

Review: For a Few Demons More

Reviewed by Jen
 
This book shredded me. I cried for the last 50 pages or so. And not just a silent tear or two, but out-loud crying… messy with used Kleenex all over the sofa. I will not spoil the why’s of it, but I can’t possibly talk about this book without acknowledging its enormous emotional impact.  I don’t know if I can ever forgive Kim Harrison.

With the ending weighing on me so heavily, it’s hard to look back to the rest of the book.  It starts out strong, addressing the repercussions of Rachel’s interaction with the demon Newt.  And as the story goes on, the focal point becomes a string of suspicious werewolf deaths. They turn out to be linked to the “focus,” that statue Rachel got from Nick in A Fistful of Charms. It has the power to create new werewolves from humans –and now everyone wants it. And Rachel becomes everyone’s target as they fight to get it. –I also have to mention… just when I though that maybe Trent wasn’t a total slimeball, I’ve changed my mind again. He is.

I always reread a series before a new installment comes out, but this is the book that made me dread re-reading the Hollows. Not because it’s a bad book. On the contrary, it is incredibly powerful. I just remembered the ache it put in my chest the first time around –and even knowing what would happen, didn’t ease the hurt the second time.  If you’re a fan of the series, you can’t skip this one. Just have your Kleenex ready. 5 stars.


Click to purchase: Amazon
For a Few Demons More
by Kim Harrison
Release Date: March 20, 2007
Publisher: Harper Voyager

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home