Saturday, April 27, 2013

Review: Wolf's Desire

Reviewed by Shelly
 
This is the first time I’ve read anything by Ambrielle Kirk and I’m kinda bummed that I’ve not read her work before now. I must admit my expectations were low because the multicultural/IR PNR stories that I’ve read in the last year have left me disillusioned about whether the genre is getting quality stories.

The fourth in the Caedmon Wolves series, this story is about widow Keira Ellis and bodyguard Aiden Price. I’ve not read any of the other stories in the series, so I’m not sure of either the timeline of this one in relation to those or the appearance of these characters in any of the other stories. In desperate need for protection, Keira’s attorney hires Aiden to protect her after a series of home break-ins and oral threats. Aiden is a wolf in the Caedmon pack and as a bodyguard he’s never failed in his duties. Once these two meet, things (in and out of the bedroom) heat up quickly and stay that way.

There’s not a lot of back story, so other than titles, the other characters were just fillers. I think this series would be best if the stories are read in order because I would have like to know more about Keira and Aiden and the other characters.

This is a pretty quick read, the page count is 151 in ePub format. That kept my attention. The intrigue and mystery surrounding Keira made me wonder if she’s all human or if she’s got a little ‘Other’ in her. And Aiden – he seems to be a stand up kind of guy who just got hit in the face with meeting this mate. That was a very cute scene. The sex was good but my interest in the characters wasn’t as much as I wanted. This was an okay read for me.

Happy Reading Folks!

Rating: C

*ARC provided by author for review

Click to purchase: Amazon
Wolf's Desire
by Ambrielle Kirk
Release Date: March 31, 2013

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Saturday, April 27, 2013 at 9:30:00 AM CDT , Blogger Kristin (Book Sniffers Anonymous) said...

:( Never read anything by the author either but this story sounds good. Can't say that I've read too many IR romances. You just don't see them that often. I wonder if read in order, you'd have a backstory on not only the MC's but all the other characters that were floating around as well. I've come across this problem a handful of times before and found myself needing to go back to the first book to understand everything.
Kristin @ Book Sniffers Anonymous

 
At Monday, April 29, 2013 at 3:26:00 PM CDT , Blogger Shelly said...

I agree Kristin - you don't see them that often and when I do I'm such a sucker I'll buy and be so disappointed it's not even worth my time to do a review.

 

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home