Saturday, January 12, 2013

Review: Highland Heart

Reviewed by Shelly
 
Traveling through the land of Loch Tuinn, Rachel Brindle, her sister Isabelle, and their father William are on their way to the Munro land to do some bartering for wool. While on the road, Rachel inadvertently does something that will reveal her healing magic to those around her. Alex Munro of the Clan Munro (insert Christopher Lambert’s voice) is doing some hunting and gathering work (in his kilt only – hubbabubba) along the property when Rachel sees him and later remembers him from a childhood incident.

During a scuffle Rachel is taken by the Macbain clan who are in a long standing feud with the Munros. Not knowing how she’s going to be rescued, certainly not by her scoundrel of a father, Rachel decides to take matters in her own hands and tries for an escape.

In one of the funniest moments in the story --and there’re quite a few-- Rachel asks Alex why they’re in the feud, and I literally laughed out loud with his answer. For being a very short read, roughly 50 pages, this is a surprisingly pleasant read that left me quite satisfied with the characters and the resolution.

I wouldn’t mind seeing a storyline about Rachel’s sister, Isabella, and Alex’s friend, Colin Macleod.

Sorry folks, no sexy time.

Happy Reading Folks!

Rating: B

*ARC Provided by Entangled Publishing

Click to purchase: Amazon
Highland Heart
by Heather McCollom
Release Date: December 17, 2012
Publisher: Entangled

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 12:15:00 PM CST , Blogger Tina B said...

Wonderful review! I love finding short ones that don't make me feel like I am missing something. This one sounds like just the book. I think I may have it on my Kindle already. If not, I'll be picking it up. Can't resist man in a kilt. ;)

 
At Monday, January 14, 2013 at 4:54:00 PM CST , Blogger Shelly said...

Thanks Tina B. It's a cute story that I hope you enjoy as much as I did (if not more).

 
At Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 10:51:00 AM CST , Blogger Tina B said...

I really did enjoy this one, Shelly! :)
I will be reading more from her for sure.
Again, thank you for the recommendation.

 

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home