Saturday, June 23, 2012

Review: Migrations


Reviewed by Shelly
 
This is a first for me. I think my expectation of erotic romance has room for romance AND erotica but this one doesn’t deliver.

Blurb: Val Hastings, assisted by her do-gooder cousin Sarah Cline, is shanghaied into driving their Aunt Rose across the US to visit her son. What begins as the trip from hell turns into a sexy adventure when they find themselves sharing the interstate with a mysterious, leather-clad biker. Aunt Rose and Sarah are convinced he’s up to no good. But after Val catches him pleasuring himself at a rest area, and he offers her some steamy help to make her journey more enjoyable, she’s convinced he’s her nasty saviour. 

Is Hawk, the biker, a murderer, a free spirit, or something else? Whatever he is, animal attraction wins out over caution, as he joins the ladies for a cross-country romp that keeps Sarah and Aunt Rose nervous and Val hotter than her overheating engine. 

Review: There is one thing that I liked about this story: there’s a moment when Val realizes that her Aunt Rose and cousin Sally care about her happiness.

There are several things I didn’t like. For me, this story was totally unbelievable as any kind of a romance. No one can convince me that there’s a 30-year-old woman on this earth who meets a masturbating man at a truck stop and does NOT think he’s a pervert and will NOT run a 100-meter dash faster than Usain Bolt to get a way from his crazy ass.

There was a part of the book when Valerie doubted that Hawk had feelings for her, she thought he was slumming; I just wanted to hit her on the back of the head and ask her what the hell did you expect?

And there was a disturbing and, I thought, unnecessary (masturbation) encounter with Hawk and cousin Sally, in the presence of Valerie – I was like shut the front door, this better not be that kind of a book.

I can’t even say that the sex scenes were good. The story just didn’t work for me - neither did the sex scenes. And I’m still trying to figure out what kind of car they were traveling cross country in that would vibrate so much (and the whole car not fall apart) that it could act as a vibrator while you’re sitting in the driver seat.

I hate to be blunt, but if you’d like to read a stroke piece this is it.

Happy reading folks!

Rating: D

*Book provided by author for review

Click to purchase: Amazon
Migrations
by KD Grace
Release Date: May 30, 2012
Publisher: Xcite Books

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At Saturday, June 23, 2012 at 8:37:00 PM CDT , Blogger Allison said...

I couldn't help laughing out loud at the vibrating car bit! Sorry his was so horrible - hope your next book works out better! :)

 
At Tuesday, June 26, 2012 at 10:10:00 AM CDT , Blogger Shelly said...

It was so contrived, it borderlined ridiculous...You and me both...

 

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home