Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Review: Lethal Rider

Reviewed by Jen
 
Without a doubt, this is the best installment in the Lords of Deliverance series so far.  Ever since she introduced us to the Demonica world back in Pleasure Unbound, Larissa Ione has seamlessly woven all of these amazing characters and threads of storylines together into a giant ongoing masterpiece of action, betrayal, romance, epic world-building, and mind-blowing sex. Each book builds on the last. Each leaves me excited, satisfied, and still wanting more.

It's been eight months since the events of Immortal Rider, and Regan is just a couple of weeks away from delivering her baby. Thanatos has been drugged and immobilized all this time. But suddenly, he is able to overcome the drugs and make his way to her.  He is drawn to his child, though he has no idea that is the case until he comes face to face with Regan. He is enraged and yet still attracted to the woman who took his virginity.  Unsure of where his feelings for her will land, he kidnaps her from an Aegis stronghold and brings her back to his home.

Regan struggles to convince Thanatos that she never intended to rape him. That she was drugged.  That she was trying to save the world. But his forgiveness is slow in coming. The story follows the two of them as they try to sort out their feelings for one another and protect their unborn child from Pestilence, who knows that destroying the baby with break his brother's seal.

Both Thanatos and Regan have some serious issues to overcome. But I really enjoyed their journey.  Regan has never had a place she truly belonged and it's gratifying to see her finding a home with the new family she is creating.  Thanatos has some major secrets and he's a very dangerous guy. (He is Death after all.) But he is such a softie underneath it all. All he wants in life is a family.  Well, that and to get laid.  Ione has got some serious skills to make pregnancy sex sexy.  Having been nine-months pregnant twice, myself, I can tell you that is no small feat.  Yet she does it, so big, big props for that.

I love that we're still seeing old familiar characters like Eidolon and the UG folks, front and center in the book.  Not only are we getting updates on their lives, but they are part of the ongoing plot.  In addition, there are major developments in the Demonica world, from an overhaul of the Aegis --to Pestilence and the overall horsemen arc-- to dire straits for our friend Reaver.  Oh Reaver, I love you so.  As much as I am looking forward to Reseph's book, it's Reaver's story I am dying for.  Reaver and... Harvester? Anyone with me?

I loved it.

Rating: A

*ARC Provided by NetGalley

Click to purchase: Amazon
Lethal Rider
by Larissa Ione
Release Date: May 22, 2012
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, May 22, 2012 at 9:16:00 PM CDT , Blogger Jen Twimom said...

Awesome review! I agree with you - best book yet! I cannot wait to find out what is in store next! And Reaver... swoon!

 
At Thursday, May 24, 2012 at 10:07:00 AM CDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so loved this book! When I got approved for it on NetGallet I literally freaking did a happy dance haha! I feel as if Regan redeemed herself in this book and I will never doubt Mrs. Ione ever again! You are right ever since Pleasure Unbound I have been HOOKED!! I can't wait for Reseph's book but I am very interested to find out more about Reaver!!! I think Reaver and Harvester would be great together.... Thanks for the great fantabulous review!

Kayla @ Reading On The Wild Side

 
At Thursday, May 24, 2012 at 10:18:00 AM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

I was really pleased with how they set up Reseph's book!

 
At Thursday, May 24, 2012 at 10:19:00 AM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

Yay!! (I did a happy dance too. It took forever to get that email!) Thanks for the kind words. High-five to another Demonica fan!

 

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home