Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Review: Tempest's Legacy

This series just keeps getting better and better.

Jane True has finally realized what I have known since book one: Anyan is the man. That's right. THE MAN. Jane now accepts that she has a massive crush on him. And probably always has. The only problem is that he has been gone for two months. She hasn't seen him since the end of the last book. And when he does show up again, it's to break the news that her mother is dead... a victim of one of those terrible testing facilities we learned about in Tracking the Tempest. Jane joins with Anyan and Ryu as they investigate the murder and try to ferret out other similar compounds.

I loved this book. There was so much delicious angst. Ryu and Jane still have a lot to resolve. And it isn't all pretty. Also, we now have her feelings for Anyan in the mix. I've thought Anyan's feelings for Jane have been obvious since the beginning, but there are a lot of hurdles to overcome and it's all quite a ride.

The part of the story featuring the compounds is pretty disturbing. And it really hits home as a character we know and love gets caught up in it all. But this is such fantastic storytelling. I couldn't put it down. Even as dark as it gets at some point, there is still this fantastic humor infused throughout. Jane's internal ramblings and constant interjections from her libido make me laugh out loud. Plus, it's so satisfying to see how she has grown. Our little halfling has come a long way, both in power and personal growth.

But if I don't get some payoff on this sexual tension soon (you know the one I mean) -- I think I may just implode. Seriously. It's killing me. 5 stars.

Click to purchase: Amazon or The Book Depository
Tempest's Legacy
by Nicole Peeler
Release Date: January 1, 2011
Publisher: Orbit

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, November 30, 2011 at 6:08:00 PM CST , Blogger BookaholicCat said...

I know what you mean about the sexual tension... I'm almost praying for something to happen between those two SOON. Ms. Peeler is killing us.

 

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home