Friday, September 30, 2011

My Most Anticipated Books of 2012

It's not even Halloween yet and I've already got my sights set on the books coming out next year.  (Yes, I know I have a problem, but admitting your addiction is the first step, right?)  Here are some of the books I am dying to get my hands on.

Lothaire
by Kresley Cole 
Despite the fact that Paul Marron is all wrong for the cover, I can't wait to get my mitts on this.  It seems like forever since the last Immortals After Dark book. (It was February.) And this is the first one that will be released in hardback. Lothaire is a sexy vampire, sort-of villain, who is as beautiful as he is deadly.  We saw quite a bit of him in Dreams of a Dark Warrior, but now is his chance to get naked really shine.  Expected Release: January 10, 2012. Pre-Order from Amazon

Horizon
by Sophie Littlefield
I liked Aftertime... but I loved Rebirth.  This adult post-apocalyptic trilogy may feature zombies, but it really tells a very human story.  The main character, Cass, is utterly flawed, but she is a survivor.  She is a mother, willing to do anything for her child. She is weak and strong... a seductress and a fighter. I need to see whether her future lies with Smoke or Dor... if her crumbling world even has a future at all. Expected Release: January 24, 2012. Pre-Order from Amazon


A Perfect Blood
by Kim Harrison
I am listing these books in order of release date, but this is the number one book that I am lusting for.  Pale Demon has been my absolute favorite book in the Hollows series by far.  We finally got an indication that a relationship between Rachel and Trent could really happen.  Rachel is stronger than she has ever been and Ivy seems to have finally stopped trying to get into her pants.  We are learning more about the Ever-After.  Al kissed Rachel.  Who knows what will happen next?  I. Can't. Wait. Expected Release: February 21, 2012. Pre-Order from Amazon



The Darkest Seduction
by Gena Showalter
Poor Paris is finally getting his happy ending in this latest installment in the Lords of the Underworld series.  The man who carries the demon of Promiscuity has been miserable ever since his fated woman died a few books back. Now he and Sienna get their chance to be together.  Will she continue to carry the demon of Wrath? And just how much sex are they going to have?  He has to do it all the time, after all. Expected Release: February 21, 2012. Pre-Order from Amazon

Once Burned
by Jeaniene Frost
This is the first of two books featuring Vlad in the Night Huntress world.  I am one of the many fans who have been mooning over the sexy firestarter for ages.  I love Cat and Bones, but I'm ready for a new romance and I have no doubt Frost will deliver. Expected Release: March 27, 2012 June 26, 2012. Pre-Order from Amazon.


Gunmetal Magic
by Ilona Andrews
I don't know much about this except that it's Andrea and Raphael's book from the Kate Daniels series.  I loved their short story, "Magic Mourns" and their estrangement broke my heart in Magic Slays.  Andrews has said it involves Egyptian mythology, but I don't need details to know that it's an auto-buy.  Expected Release: May 31, 2012 August 2012.Pre-Order from Amazon.


13
by Kelley Armstrong
I am a huge fan of the Otherworld series and this is the 13th and final chapter.  All of Armstrong's wonderful characters are coming together for one last explosive battle, which was set up in Spell Bound.   You couldn't pay me to miss this one. Expected Release: July 24, 2012. Pre-Order from Amazon.


Before you ask me if I forgot Lover Reborn, the answer is no. I'm still sulking that Tohr gets his book before my beloved Qhay.  Of course, I'll read it, but I need to stew about this.

What about you? What big releases are you looking forward to in 2012? 

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At Friday, September 30, 2011 at 12:40:00 PM CDT , Blogger Brie said...

I need to check out Sophie Littlefield’s books. I’m curious about the adult dystopian themes, since I’m annoyed by the recent YA boom but I’m actually a huge fan of old school dystopian novels like Brave New World and 1984. I don’t think this series would be anything like those books but it’s aimed to an adult audience right? That must make a huge difference.

My most anticipated book is Michael’s book in Meljean Brook’s Guardian series, but I’m not even sure if it comes out next year, my guess is not but I a girl can dream! I also what to read Suzanne Brockmann’s new series, hopefully it would be better than her latest books.

Oh! Did I mention that I got Magic Bites? I’ll probably read it this weekend. I’ll let you know!

 
At Friday, September 30, 2011 at 3:15:00 PM CDT , Blogger Unknown said...

It is never too early for a wishlist! Dreaming is what we do!

I love your list.


Please do stop by for a crumpet & a spot of tea.

If you enjoy yourself please do leave a comment on some of my reviews.

They are quite lonely :(



Mad Scientist @ Steampunkery & Book Reviews

 
At Saturday, October 1, 2011 at 4:34:00 AM CDT , Blogger BookaholicCat said...

I haven't heard about Horizon until now. the blurb sounds interesting, I'm sure going to check it out.
I haven't read Kresley Cole... yes *hides in shame* I want to and I will just don't know when.
From the rest of the list I want them all, especially A Perfect Blood and The Darkest Seduction.

 
At Thursday, October 6, 2011 at 4:18:00 AM CDT , Blogger Tyraa said...

I'm with you on a few of them, some I haven't read though. It feels like years since kresley cole's released a book, only a year but still. Where is that little lady! I can't wait for Darkest seduction too, oh and Jeaniene frosts new spin off. All great books

 

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home