Saturday, August 20, 2011

Darkfever Movie: I Die!!

I didn't read Twilight before the movie came out. I've never been a fan of Harry Potter.  Honestly, until I got word that they were making The Hunger Games into a movie, I've never really been all that excited about a book adaptation before.  Then I heard that DreamWorks has bought the rights to all five books in Karen Marie Moning's Fever series.

To say I love this series would be an understatement akin to saying I love McDonald's french fries or I love Charlie Hunnam without a shirt on.  It is one the very best series I have ever read.  I laid in bed at night after reading Dreamfever, trying to figure out who the beast was.  I took a vacation day to stay home and read on the day Shadowfever was released.  I cried like a baby for the first 20 pages of that book and made my co-worker read the series just so I could talk to someone about it.

And don't even get me started on Barrons.  Yes, (Katiebabs if you are reading this) he is a douche.  He is an arrogant, unrelenting asshole.  Who would likely be the best lay of a lifetime.  Fans have devoted hours to Google searches, trying to find pictures that could do him justice.  And now, some poor actor is going to have to try to live up to that inhuman sex appeal.  (David Gandy can't act, can he?)  Can it be done?  Is there anyone would could satisfy fans?  

I'm still trying to cast Acheron in my head. And now Barrons?  V'Lane? Christian?  I must have done something really good in a previous life.  A Dark Hunter tv show. A Darkfever movie. And a male-stripper movie with almost every hot guy in Hollywood getting naked.  Thank you, entertainment gods.  I love you.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At Saturday, August 20, 2011 at 7:14:00 AM CDT , Blogger Mariya said...

I just hope they stay true to the book if the movie really gets made, b/c the movie rights or tv series I forgot which was bought before or there was info on that it was getting made or something then not and now again it is. I hope it is rated r though, but they'll probaly screw that up, maybe. I just want this book to be so perfect not be disappointed b/c it is my all time favorite series =DDDDDDD

 
At Saturday, August 20, 2011 at 7:41:00 AM CDT , Blogger Jennifer @ The Book Nympho said...

No matter who is cast they will not be good enough to play JZB!!

 
At Saturday, August 20, 2011 at 8:59:00 AM CDT , Blogger Unknown said...

LOVE Barrons! He is the most alpha male I have ever read in print. Yeah he's an ass, but it makes sense as far as the book goes. It's about time someone in the movie biz looked past all the YA books and to something that I'll finally enjoy seeing.

 
At Monday, August 22, 2011 at 10:38:00 AM CDT , Blogger KT Grant said...

Barrons would be a good lay. Dirty, nasty, no holds barred sex. Then I would drive over him in one of his cars because he would go back to be a douche.

 
At Tuesday, August 23, 2011 at 3:23:00 PM CDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know that disney is making this as well, with dreamworks. DISNEY?!?! WTH! No, disney is a kids and teens company, meaning that at best it will probably be rated pg 14. NOOOOO! That's horrible because an important part of the end of book three and begining of book 4 is definitely rated R, and it would be catastrophic. =( None the less I will be checking it out opening night with at least one of my friends, more than likely. Also, please note that the link mentions vampires. I'm sorry, I guess I missed that part of the book. Where in the HEY do vampires come in? Unseelie flesh chomping, yes, but not really vampires! Gah!

 
At Tuesday, August 23, 2011 at 3:24:00 PM CDT , Anonymous Crystal said...

woops, posted on accident before I could sign my name in. ~Crystal

 
At Monday, August 29, 2011 at 7:27:00 PM CDT , Blogger Fiction Fool said...

Both you and Katiebabs have a point. He would be a good lay. An excellent lay. Most likely the best. But then I'd be afraid that he'd eat me because I'm not Mac. So maybe having a good attack and escape plan is necessary so you don't wind up being lunch.

Driving a car over him MIGHT buy you enough time to get, maybe.... a couple feet?

 

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home