Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Review: Turbulent Sea

Reviewed by Jen
 
Turbulent Sea is book 6 in the Drake Sisters series. I have to admit, I have been looking forward to this story above all the others. Not for the heroine, Joley, but for Ilya Prakenskii, the mysterious Russian we met in Oceans of Fire and who saved Hannah’s life in Safe Harbor.

Joley is a rock star out on tour. She’s been getting threats for ages from stalkers and over-zealous fans, but now she’s facing real danger.  A teenage girl disappeared at an after-party for Joley’s band. And shortly after that, the roadie who was last seen with girl, was killed. Ilya shows up to be her bodyguard. And boy, does he ever take care of her body!  You can cut the sexual tension between these two with a knife. There is all kinds of drama with the relationships involving band members… plus a dash of Russian mob intrigue… but the real draw here is the relationship between the main characters... and the hot sex scenes. Feehan delivers the goods here.

I didn’t care much about the secondary characters: Brian and Nikitin, the band-guy with the new baby and estranged wife.  Plus –I didn’t really get Joley’s revulsion at her own needs/desires in her lover. She likes a manly man, who is in control but still respects her. Yet, she acts like she is a freako-deviant because of it. It’s not that weird, Joley.

I really liked it. Although, it’s likely because I really like Ilya. More Prakenskii’s please! 4 1/2 stars.

Turbulent Sea
by Christine Feehan
Release Date: July 29, 2008
Publisher: Jove

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, July 20, 2011 at 12:33:00 AM CDT , Blogger AP said...

I heart Ilya!!! He might possibly be one of my very favorite of my book boyfriends of which there are many!

You meet Ilya's brother in the first Sea Haven novel Water Bound I think it's called. I liked him too, but he's not Ilya. I read that book hoping for more of Ilya but alas he wasnt in it. :(

-Amanda P
Paranormal Romance
Books, Shopping & Rock N' Roll

 
At Wednesday, July 20, 2011 at 8:28:00 AM CDT , Blogger Megan@Riverina Romantics said...

Ilya is really sexy!

 
At Wednesday, July 20, 2011 at 9:53:00 AM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

This was my favorite in the series!!

Amanda: I was disappointed in Water Bound for many reasons, but Ilya's absence was one of them.

 

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home