Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Review: Seduce the Darkness


Reviewed by Jen
 
In Seduce the Darkness, our hero is the super-hot playboy Devyn. He is an alien king from another planet; he’s extremely good looking, very conceited and an utter sex maniac. His heroine is Bride, the vampire. She knows what she is, but knows nothing of her kind. She hooks us with Devyn to learn more about her people and hopefully, to find her long-lost best friend.

Bride crosses paths with Devyn and catches the scent of her old friend Aleaha Love. She questions him about her friend, but he can’t help her as he knows Aleaha by a different name. He’s intrigued because, unlike the rest of the female population, Bride doesn’t jump his bones. Of course, she wants to, but she keeps that to herself as finding her friend is her number one priority. Devyn quickly becomes obsessed with Bride and even though she hides it, Bride returns his feelings. He figures out who Aleaha is and brings the women together. He also helps Bride learn about where the other vampires, while she uncovers her hidden powers that she never knew she had.

I love Devyn. His cockiness is hilarious and his friendship with his buddy Dallas is stellar. As always, Showalter’s sex scenes do not disappoint.  And I was very happy with the resolution on side-character Nolan. I hope this means he’ll get his own story in the future.

I don’t like that all of a sudden Devyn has a tortured sex-starved childhood. I also thought his down-shift from sex-starved pervert to one-woman man was rather abrupt.

Another winner by Gena Showalter. Can’t wait for the next one! 5 stars.

Seduce the Darkness
by Gena Showalter
Release Date: June 30, 2009
Publisher: Pocket Star 

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, July 27, 2011 at 9:17:00 PM CDT , Blogger Tyraa said...

Sigh. I love Devyn and all this cockiness. But I do agree, it was kinda sudden the change from sexual maniac to all about Bride. But this still remains as my FAV book from this series

 
At Wednesday, July 27, 2011 at 9:24:00 PM CDT , Blogger Jennifer A said...

Oh, good to hear that you loved it! I love the Lords of the Underworld series, and I was hoping her other stuff was good too! I'll keep my eye out for this one.

 

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home