Saturday, January 1, 2011

Review: Dangerous Boys and Their Toy

This book is a bit of a departure from my usual fare. But I have to say, Dangerous Boys & Their Toy, was nothing if not steamy.  Now there should be no confusion as to what this book is about.  Take a look at the cover. 

This is a threesome story. So if that bothers you, just move along now. 

Still with me?  OK. Cam is a Phoenix detective and Thorn is a bounty hunter. They are both searching for a missing bad guy who is supposed to testify against a bigger bad guy in the coming days.  But instead of finding him at his home, they find a beautiful young woman. Both men are deeply attracted to her.  They each become determined to show her the kind of pleasure she’s never known.  Though both men are “straight,” they eventually set to the task together.  And as the book progresses, so does the relationship between the three of them.

There is some plot in the book. But honestly, it essentially connects the dots between the love scenes. It’s not that anything is poorly done. It simply is what it is. We’ve got two guys having sex with a woman and coming to the realization they make each other hot as well.  And unless m/m is a turn-off to you, it will likely make you hot too. After all, if you’re not interested in the menage, you shouldn’t even pick up this book in the first place.

It’s a quick, easy read. And it’s sexy where it’s supposed to be. 4 stars.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At Friday, June 3, 2011 at 2:35:00 PM CDT , Blogger Unknown said...

I love the way you describe the two men getting together! "Though both men are “straight,” they eventually set to the task together." That made me smile. :D

Have a great weekend!

 
At Friday, June 3, 2011 at 2:38:00 PM CDT , Blogger Jamie Kline (Bookerella) said...

I could see me reading this book in the future. I'm a huge fan of the Anita Blake vampire hunter books. Don't know if you've ever read any of them or not, but she has sex with a LOT of men, multiples at a time and some of the guys are attracted to each other as well. A lot of people don't like that series anymore just because of all of the sex, but I have to admit I still love the characters and will continue to read them until she decies not to write anymore. Thanks for sharing this review, I very well might want to read this one!

Jamie @ Bookerella

 
At Friday, June 3, 2011 at 2:45:00 PM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

Yes, Jamie, I've read all the AB books, but it was before I started writing reviews. I keep telling myself that I'll do a re-read, but the idea is pretty daunting.

I love sex in the books I read. I love the Merry Gentry books. And I still read Anita. But I am among those who were unhappy with the direction the series went into... simply because it took such a sharp left turn. Post-NIC, the characters became unrecognizable versions of themselves, especially Anita, Richard and Asher. Like I said, I still read them, but in part, it's only because I can't the characters go (if that makes any sense.)

Let me know if you end up giving this a read. And I hope you'll come back and visit again!

Jen

 

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home