Wednesday, June 8, 2011

DNF: Dark Legacy


Reviewed by Jen
 
Did Not Finish.

In all fairness, I'm not sure I should write a review on this book, since I didn't finish it. However, I feel like I must warn people who might be thinking of buying it.  The premise sounded really good: girl tortured psychically by her comatose twin, as a relationship brews with the handsome doctor determined to keep her sane.  Throw in some covert agencies, mind control, and bam! Awesome story, right? Wrong.

First of all, we're dealing with so many bouncing POV's, it's hard to keep straight who we're talking about.  Most of the time, I found myself struggling just to figure out whether Maddie is controlling her own mind or Sarah is.  Then, I tried to wade through the murk of Sarah's experiment-induced dreamscape. There are ravens and metaphoric weapons that turn into real weapons and there's a mysterious Brotherhood and some unidentified bad-guys... and it's really just a train wreck.  And to make matters worse, the dream-program is actually called a "Dream Weaver." So on top of the headache I got reading this, I'm now subjected to bad 70's stoner music stuck in my head for the duration of the night. 

So, no, I won't be making it past page 103. And I won't be reading the sequel.  I'm sorry, but this was not for me.

*ARC Provided by NetGalley

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, June 8, 2011 at 9:50:00 PM CDT , Blogger Alison Can Read said...

Thanks for the review. And I think you did a good job of explaining why you didn't like it while still being fair.

 

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home