Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Review: Dark Needs at Night's Edge

Dark Needs at Night’s Edge is book 4 in Kresley Cole’s fun and sexy Immortals After Dark series.  In it, we finally find out what happened to the missing Wroth brother: Conrad.  As we know from earlier books, Conrad’s brothers Murdoch and Nickolai forced him to become a vampire more than 100 years ago.  What we didn’t know was that this was especially abhorrent to Conrad because he was part of a secret vampire hunting organization at the time. He went crazy and became an assassin.

His three brothers corner him in a bar and drag him to an old home to help him recover from his bloodlust. What they don’t know is that the old home is haunted by the ghost of a beautiful ballerina, Neomi.  Nix, our favorite all-knowing Valkyrie, provided a special sedative that not only calms Conrad, but allows him to see Neomi. They, of course, fall for each other.

Conrad is eventually able to orchestrate his freedom from the house. And Neomi manages to reach out to Mariketa the witch to gain a temporary corporeal form. Once Conrad meets Neomi in the flesh, his heart starts beating and he confirms Neomi is his bride.

I didn’t think I could like a book where the love interest is a ghost, but I did. I love crazy Conrad and his lack of experience makes him endearing. Neomi isn’t as compelling to me as our Valkeryie heroines but she was ok.  Conrad was really compelling enough for both of them.  Kresley Cole is so creative and finds new and unique stories to tell in each of these books. Plus, the sex scenes are awesome.

5 stars.

P.S. Best book cover. Ever.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, May 18, 2011 at 11:36:00 AM CDT , Blogger Jennifer_After_Dark said...

This is so far is my favorite story out of the sereis.. ...I love this series...

 
At Wednesday, May 18, 2011 at 11:48:00 AM CDT , Blogger Megan@Riverina Romantics said...

OMG right? The ghost thing threw me at first too.

 
At Wednesday, May 18, 2011 at 8:24:00 PM CDT , Blogger Alexis @ Reflections of a Bookaholic said...

Okay I'm starting to get excited about his series. Great review :)

 
At Thursday, May 19, 2011 at 9:40:00 AM CDT , Blogger Sarah said...

I really loved Neomi in this one. She was just an awesome heroine. Actually, I like most of Cole's heroines. Which is funny because in PNR I tend to be a little iffy about them. lol

Anyways, great review as always. This is a fantastic cover. I like the Dreams of a Dark Warrior and Kiss of a Demon King ones the best in this series though.

~ Sarah ♥ I'm Loving Books

 

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home